Return to Team
Richard A. Grafmeyer
- served as the Deputy Chief of Staff of the Joint Committee on Taxation (JCT) from summer 1998 to fall 2000. Responsible for major tax simplification and tax-exempt studies issued by JCT.
- was the Deputy Republican Staff Director of the Senate Finance Committee responsible for tax and health care legislation before the Committee.
- served as Senior Republican Tax Counsel for the Senate Finance Committee, responsible for general business tax issues, tax-exempt organizations, employee benefits, tax accounting, and IRS compliance.
- was a partner in Arthur Andersen's National Office of Federal Tax Services, was the leader of the firm's legislative practice and involved in regulatory and administrative issues before the Treasury Department and the Internal Revenue Service.
- was a partner with Ernst & Young and National Director for Washington Tax Services focusing on tax issues before Congress or pending within Treasury or the IRS.
- is widely known as an expert on Senate and House parliamentary procedural rules as well as budget process rules.
- has been a frequent commentator on tax and budget issues for CNN, CNBC, and PBS Nightly Business News.
- holds a B.A. degree in accounting from Walsh College in Ohio, a J.D. degree from the University of Akron School of Law, and an LL.M. degree from Georgetown University Law Center.