Return to Team
Lindsay D. Hooper
- served as legislative director and tax counsel to former U.S. Senator Malcolm Wallop (R-WY), a senior member of the Senate Finance Committee.
- while working on Capitol Hill was instrumental in the development and enactment of several key tax bills and tax policy initiatives, including The Economic Recovery Tax Act of 1981 (ERTA), The Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 1982 (TEFRA), The Deficit Reduction Act of 1984, and the President’s Proposals on Tax Reform of November 1984.
- has been a tax consultant and tax lobbyist for over 25 years representing clients before Congress, the Department of the Treasury, and the Internal Revenue Service.
- formed Capitol Tax Partners with colleague and partner Jon Talisman in 2001. Capitol Tax Partners is the largest independent tax advocacy group in Washington, DC..
- has been named every year since 2006 one of Washington DC’s “Best Lawyers” in tax law and in government relations law.
- holds a B.S. in Accounting and a J.D. degree from the University of Wyoming (1979) and has been accredited in Wyoming in both accounting and law.