Return to Team
- was Staff Director of the Senate Republican Policy Committee, where he acted as the senior advisor to RPC Chairman Jon Kyl (R-AZ) on Senate leadership issues and helped develop legislative strategy with other senior House and Senate leadership aides.
- previously served as Tax Counsel and Legislative Director to Sen. Kyl, where he worked closely with Senate Finance Committee members and staff and was involved in all tax legislation that came before the Committee, including the Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2001.
- served as Tax Counsel to House Ways and Means Committee member Sam Johnson (R-TX), where he worked with House Ways and Means Committee staff on all tax-related matters.
- was a trial attorney in the United States Department of Justice Tax Division, where he was responsible for all aspects of a broad range of civil actions brought by and against the United States in federal district, bankruptcy, and state courts.
- clerked for the Honorable Robert J. Yock, United States Court of Federal Claims.
- served as a Surface Warfare Officer in the United States Navy.
- holds a B.A. in Political Science from the University of Michigan (Ann Arbor), a J.D. from American University, and a LL.M. in taxation from New York University.