Return to Team
Wm. R. "Mac" McKenney
- served as Staff Director of the Ways and Means Oversight Subcommittee, with jurisdiction over all tax law and oversight of all tax compliance and tax administration issues.
- was the primary House staff member with responsibility for the Internal Revenue Service Restructuring and Reform Act of 1998 and legislation requiring disclosure by Sec. 527 political organizations.
- worked on a wide range of tax issues including the expiring tax provisions, energy tax issues, tax exempt organizations, pension and employee benefit tax issues, the low income housing credit, the rehabilitation credit, transportation infrastructure tax issues, and estate tax issues.
- served as Chief of Staff to Rep. Amo Houghton, a senior member of the Ways and Means Committee, assisting him with broad range of issues including international tax reform, insurance tax issues, and tax simplification.
- was involved with consideration of every major tax bill between 1995 and 2003.
- served as Legislative Director to Rep. Rod Chandler, providing primary staff support for the congressmanís work on the Ways and Means Committee, and the Subcommittees on Health and Oversight, with an emphasis on pensions and benefits, health and tax issues.
- was a Vice President of the Dutko Group, representing a number of clients on tax and health care issues.
- has a B.A. in Political Science from the George Washington University and has done coursework at the Georgetown University Center for Professional Development.